Useful online resources
UK Government information
- The Department for Transport HSR website, containing information on high-speed rail proposals and the work of HS2 Limited.
- High Speed Two Ltd: the Government company created to look at the feasibility of, and business case for, a new high speed rail line between London and the West Midlands and to consider the case for high speed rail services linking London, northern England and Scotland.
- The HS2 Exceptional Hardship Scheme.
- DfT’s 2011 – 2015 Business Plan, setting out timescales for the development of High Speed 2.
UK high-speed rail
- High Speed 1: the operator of the UK’s first high-speed line, between London and the Channel Tunnel.
- Eurostar: operator of international high-speed services between London, Paris and Brussels.
- Southeastern’s high-speed services from Kent to London St Pancras.
Studies and research
- Northern Way Issues and Evidence Report about why stakeholders across the North should back the Government’s proposals for a national high speed rail network.
- Network Rail’s New Lines Programme, which examines the strategic business case for new lines to meet future demands for additional rail capacity from passengers and freight users.
- High Speed 2 West Midlands: information and facts on HSR from the West Midlands.
- UIC information on High speed railway lines in the world.
- Atkins 2002-03 High Speed Line study for the Strategic Rail Authority (with 2005 addendum).
For topical debate on transport issues including HSR, visit Transport Debate 2011.